Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Online Music Piracy is an Act of Civil Disobedience

Online music piracy is a form of civil disobedience that I encourage. It can be a protest against governments and corporations that want to control what you see and hear and how you see and hear it. Piracy in this case is an act of freedom.

I do not believe the lies that governments and corporations spew about the harm that piracy does to artists. Governments and corporations do not act in artists' interests. They act only in their own interests of power and control.

I am an artist and I support file sharing. There are many arguments online about the merits of file sharing for artists. I will not detail them here. They've been around for years and I won't restate them. Please research for yourself.

Reject any law that criminalizes file sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment